You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10-9-2013 22:17:48  #1


Problem with 1941 Underwood Standard

Notquite_there wrote:

I have an Underwood standard, 1941 with an on-the-feet alignment disorder.  The uppercase and lowercase letters are off about a half a letter high.   I took it to a typewriter repair man and he couldn`t adjust it. I have looked at online manuals and haven`t found the instructions on how to adjust the type.  Does someone have the info. on how to fix this?  Thanks.  

EDIT: This post was moved from another thread. The OP for this thread isn't me, but Notquite_there.

 

30-10-2013 13:15:30  #2


Re: Problem with 1941 Underwood Standard

Uwe wrote:

Notquite_there wrote:

I have an Underwood standard, 1941 with an on-the-feet alignment disorder.  The uppercase and lowercase letters are off about a half a letter high.   I took it to a typewriter repair man and he couldn`t adjust it. I have looked at online manuals and haven`t found the instructions on how to adjust the type.  Does someone have the info. on how to fix this?  Thanks.  

EDIT: This post was moved from another thread. The OP for this thread isn't me, but Notquite_there.

 

 

30-10-2013 17:26:17  #3


Re: Problem with 1941 Underwood Standard

Just out of curiosity, did the repairman explain why he couldn't correct the problem?

     •Thread Starter
 

05-11-2013 14:48:20  #4


Re: Problem with 1941 Underwood Standard

Notquite_there;   No he did not explain why he didn`t correct the missalignment.  He spent three hours on it at 65 dollars an hour.   He asked if I wanted him to work further on it and I said," no".  I figgured that I could buy another workiing Undeerwood cheaper to fix that one.  I have continued looking it over at my home and hopefully I will see the cause myself.   It has a nice straight type pattern and nice font size that I like.  The action is reliablle, solid, and tight, which is a pleasure to use.  I can take the carriage off with and on again with care.  Looks like there is a rail under the carriage that may lower a bit if I can find out how.   The carriage seems to run on that rail. 

 

Board footera