You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

31-3-2016 05:08:21  #31

Re: How Addicted to Collecting are you?

Having 11 typewriters would put me under the extremely addicted collector. I generally go after Royal and Imperial typewriters but I've been eyeing the Remington Noiseless line of portable  typewriters for quite a while. 

31-3-2016 06:06:53  #32

Hi All,

Well I have four at the moment (and don't intend to get any more unless.......).
I have a Remington Standard 7, an Oliver 5, an Imperial Model D and finally a two window Royal 10.
All relatively clean and working well (I think for their age).

Alan.

31-3-2016 06:13:13  #33

Me again !!

Just realised that I said a two window Royal above and it should have been a single window version (I can't see a way to edit my original post after posting it).

Alan.

31-3-2016 11:21:31  #34

"When someone says I have one in my basement would you like it?" It is very tempting to go look at it.    In this case, it was a friend of my mom's that was playing bridge the other night at her house (I was over there doing my laundry).  Showed the ladies the Richard Polt book though.  I love the bookmark looks like a ribbon.  

A different lady at the table said that she might have an electric or two.  I'm not sure about that.  Would need to see which one.  I can't get too many more; I'm running out of room - for everything, not just typewriters. 

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

31-3-2016 16:17:11  #35

We all know that problem... 

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

31-3-2016 16:59:48  #36

Yes, they work about as well as rabbits in that department, don't they? 

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

31-3-2016 18:50:36  #37

I'm not very addicted. Except I picked up another Hermes 3000 this last week. Now I have, hmm, maybe 12? If you don't know how many typewriters you have, kind of like not knowing how many gin bottles are around the house, you might have a problem.

~Joe

01-4-2016 12:03:33  #38

JoeV wrote:

I'm not very addicted. Except I picked up another Hermes 3000 this last week. Now I have, hmm, maybe 12? If you don't know how many typewriters you have, kind of like not knowing how many gin bottles are around the house, you might have a problem.

~Joe

if I had no storage restraints to my collecting, I would keep buying Hermes 3000's in all different typefaces.  I simply love that machine!

02-4-2016 21:07:25  #39

if I had no storage restraints to my collecting...

That's the biggest problem for me, lack of space.  It's always a challenge for me to display them in ways that aren't junky or cluttered, or to keep them stored neatly out of sight.  I try not to let it stop me though - I have no problems with typewriter-centric decor!  Unfortunately for me, most of the other people I know consider any number of typewriters greater then zero to be 'addicted' to collecting.  

Sometimes I can go for months without buying one, other times I end up acquiring multiple machines in a relatively short time.   I'd call it a hobby.  I guess perspective can sway it either way.

02-4-2016 22:33:33  #40

If I don't get at least a typewriter a month, I start going through withdrawal... 

Only problem is, I can't seem to get rid on the ones I don't want, so they just keep coming in!

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

Board footera