You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02-4-2013 20:25:30  #1

Royal Apollo 10

Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes. This way if you're right you will have a headstart and they will be barefoot.

03-4-2013 15:39:24  #2

Re: Royal Apollo 10

Is that 'Royal' with a glyph or logo after it, or 'Royale'?

04-4-2013 23:19:10  #3

Royal with a glyph.

Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes. This way if you're right you will have a headstart and they will be barefoot.

06-3-2016 18:11:04  #4

Actually, the logo after the word "Royal" is an Li--which stands for Litton Industries.  Somewhere in the mid-to-late 1960s, Litton Industries bought both Royal of the United States and Imperial of Great Britain.  This explains why some of their machines look alike, while having either name affixed to the front.

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

14-4-2016 21:32:33  #5

I love the styling of the Royal Apollo 10 and also own a Royal Apollo 12 - which model increment I think merely was adopted when they replaced stylish upper case with a thicker and more protective one. Also, they work fine - although I discovered that some of the trim is made from a material very like hanging colored file folders.

Speaking of glyphs and logos n' such, I saw a "Royal B" on sale - it was a Royal Ultronic and the "B" was the Litton glyph - which admittedly looks very like a B to me too.

"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton".

15-4-2016 11:52:50  #6

The Apollo is on my "some day" list. One came up for sale recently in my area, for a reasonable price, and I discussed it with Valiant (he was after one too). I'm not sure if it sold, but it is a neat design given the model's name and its historic context.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

06-1-2017 13:22:05  #7

I just bought one and am having trouble with it: the keys jam often and you must reset the machine for it to function again. Am I missing something?

Visit my website, eafeliupoetry.com, for posts on typewriters and literature.

06-1-2017 15:46:36  #8

Please use the Maintenance & Repairs sub-forum for such question, thanks.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera