You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24-11-2013 09:13:43  #1

1926 Royal Portable in teal and chrome

I own a 1926 Royal Portable typewriter in teal and chrome, but have been able to find next to nothing about it online. I was just wondering if anyone had any information on it? Also, how do I post pictures on here? I appreciate any help!

01-12-2013 10:40:41  #2

Re: 1926 Royal Portable in teal and chrome

There's a FAQ thread in the Type Talk forum that explains how to post photos. I hopw you can figure it out because it would be nice to see a photo of your machine. What kind of information regarding your Royal were you looking for?

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

03-12-2013 17:46:47  #3

[img][/img][img][/img]
 I was just wondering about general information about value, rarity, etc. Thanks for any help!

03-12-2013 17:48:51  #4

Pictures came out this time!

03-12-2013 22:47:44  #5

mikey.stroz wrote:

Pictures came out this time!

Too bad they aren't bigger though. 

Nice machine - from what I can see of it. Value and rarity are typically determined by geographic location. For example, here in Toronto it is Canadian and U.S. manufactured typewriters from companies like Underwood, S-C, Remington, and Royal that are most prevalent, so they aren't really worth a lot. The same goes for bigger European names such as Olympia and Olivetti that were imported in large numbers. However, smaller European brands are definitely harder to come by - locally - so when they are offered they sometimes command more money.

Regardless of everything, what a typewriter is worth is determined by how much a buyer is willing to spend and how much someone is willing to sell it for. Consequently, typewriter pricing is all over the map. The average price I pay for a machine is $30, the most expensive one was around $80. However, there are those out there who pay a lot more, mostly because they don't realise that you don't have to pay a lot of money for a machine.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera