You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16-4-2016 16:33:55  #1


Poll: How much "correction" effort do you put in to your typewriting?

If you make a mistake in your typewriting, what do you do about it?


How much "typo correction" effort do you put in to your typewriting?







 

16-4-2016 16:53:42  #2


Re: Poll: How much "correction" effort do you put in to your typewriting?

Good poll... !

I selected strikethrough correction, but honestly, it all depends on what the typing is for. For drafts and rough work I simply type over the mistake since I'm the only one who will be reading it. For letters to friends I tend to type more carefully, and as a result rarely make a mistake, but even then it's a strikethrough. I've found that correcting tape and fluid only looks alright on standard white paper, and it's a blight on anything that isn't white, so a strikethrough is less unsettling to the eye. The only time I ignroe typos completely is for timed typing such as NaNoWriMo; since I scan all of the typed pages and convert them to digital files, it's far easier to correct the mistakes digitally. 

 

16-4-2016 17:38:40  #3


Re: Poll: How much "correction" effort do you put in to your typewriting?

None of the options really work for me.  Like Uwe, if I'm just typing for a rough draft or just for the sake of typing, it's full speed ahead.  For letters I use the correction film, which isn't quite as noticeable as the tape or liquid white out on shades of paper other than stark white. If it's a longish mistake on a letter, more than 1-2 letters messed up, I strike through it. For mispelled (misspelled) words, I will sometimes put parentheses and type the word correctly, just to keep from having a big blotch of x's on the page.

 

16-4-2016 18:15:40  #4


Re: Poll: How much "correction" effort do you put in to your typewriting?

I use correction tape, not Wite-Out or a correcting ribbon.

 

16-4-2016 18:30:39  #5


Re: Poll: How much "correction" effort do you put in to your typewriting?

Full speed ahead!


Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!
 

16-4-2016 22:19:11  #6


Re: Poll: How much "correction" effort do you put in to your typewriting?

Usually depends on what I'm typing. If it's a project for school, I'll use white-out tape. If I'm just typing for typing's sake, who cares! I'll be the only one reading it anyways.


A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.
 

16-4-2016 23:11:37  #7


Re: Poll: How much "correction" effort do you put in to your typewriting?

On things that are not drafts, I retype a lot, I will strike out a bit, but on some stuff, I will get really picky about it being error free (or very near) and will retype it numerous times if necessary. I need to get over it, or vastly improve my accuracy--probably the former. I waste an immense amount of time retyping things for petty reasons.

 

23-4-2016 11:49:40  #8


Re: Poll: How much "correction" effort do you put in to your typewriting?

I'll correct if I catch it in time on the Selectric and if I don't, out comes the red pen for informal letters and lists.
For formal stuff I try to be perfect, even if it means retyping.

 

23-4-2016 13:06:28  #9


Re: Poll: How much "correction" effort do you put in to your typewriting?

All of the above.


Smith Premier typewriters are cool!
 

Board footera