You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16-5-2016 13:48:33  #21

Re: Two typewriters in as many days

Gentlemen, you're comparing the type action of a portable to a standard, which is great for pointing out the differences between the two typewriter types, but not really cricket for critiquing the quality of the type action of either machine. 

Fleetwing, the pom-pom is not a requirement. Most of my toques don't have one (yes, every Canadian has a collection of them). Even Bob and Doug demonstrated that either style qualified:

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

16-5-2016 17:26:02  #22

Not only that, but comparing a Royal portable to an Olympia standard. 

16-5-2016 22:36:10  #23

Uwe wrote:

Gentlemen, you're comparing the type action of a portable to a standard, which is great for pointing out the differences between the two typewriter types, but not really cricket for critiquing the quality of the type action of either machine. 

Fleetwing, the pom-pom is not a requirement. Most of my toques don't have one (yes, every Canadian has a collection of them). Even Bob and Doug demonstrated that either style qualified:

Excellent -- now I know! Down here (at least, here in New England Patriots territory), the most prominent wearer of a toque (avec pom-pom) is Tom Brady, the Pats' quarterback (team official issue version, of course). 

And yes, comparing a portable to a standard is, well, no comparison.

Board footera