You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14-5-2016 15:38:42  #1

WELCO electric

Hello everyone,
I recently inherited a electric Typewriter: WELCO Electric 3100C.
I tried looking in the web for more information about this brand and model but was not successful...
Can anyone help me?
Thanks and regards,
JoaquimJoaquim

15-5-2016 11:49:55  #2

Re: WELCO electric

Hi Joaquim, welcome to the forum.

Is it an electric or electronic typewriter? A photo of the machine would be very helpful in identifying its manufacturer, but it's possible that what you have is a rebranded Citizen typewriter.

Does it look anything like this:
[img]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDQ3WDYwMA==/z/E54AAOxy4eJTPCdE/$_12.JPG[/img]

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

17-5-2016 04:57:45  #3

Dear Uwe,
Thank you very much for your reply. I am glad to be at the Forum. I recently inherited two typewriters and I would like to know more about them. For one of them, the HERMES Baby, was very easy to find info on the web, including the year it was manufactured since they list it according to the serial number. As for this one, I could not find information.
I do not know much about typewriters. I believe it is electric, because it is written along with the manufacturer, “WELCO”. I tried attaching a picture, but the system does not allow it before I have two postings…

Kind regards,
Joaquim

17-5-2016 05:00:06  #4

Let me try it now:

Last edited by Uwe (17-5-2016 11:20:59)

17-5-2016 11:58:01  #5

It has a French keyboard, but all of its components indicate that it was made in Japan. The brand name appeared on manual, electric, and electronic typewriters, so it must have been in use for a number of years, and it may be linked to Welco Marketing GMBH in Germany. This is supported by the fact that few of these branded machines seem to appear outside of Europe. My guess without having done any proper research is that it's a private label typewriter made by Citizen or possibly even Nakajima given the almost identical ribbon cover and paper rest used on some Nakajima ALL models. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

15-6-2016 09:35:19  #6

Dear Uwe,
I am sorry because I red your reply imediatly after you wrote it, but it was on the mobile and never got back to you to aknowledge and say thank you.
Hence: thank you .
Regards,
Joaquim

Board footera