You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17-5-2016 18:17:40  #1

Try Not to Scream: Typewriter Crushed By Hydraulic Press

This is pretty saddening, but it also piqued my morbid curiosity. It doesn't look like it was in terribly great shape, but still. I'm not good at ID'ing typewriters. With my pro detective skills I can tell it is a Remington though.

18-5-2016 00:22:29  #2

Re: Try Not to Scream: Typewriter Crushed By Hydraulic Press

How awful! I thought I heard someone laughing in the background.  Made me cringe! 

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

18-5-2016 02:05:10  #3

I once had a Remington I felt like doing that to.

This one will undoubtedly appear on EBay soon as a "Great restoration project'.

Sincerely,
beak.

18-5-2016 04:10:12  #4

Yes, a 1940's Remington KMC.  Makes you sick, doesn't it ?  No more new standard typewriters being made anywhere in the world so another irreplaceable one destroyed.  Perhaps laughing boy would like to have this done to him

18-5-2016 06:24:49  #5

The channel is pretty fun otherwise, most people just don't see a typewriter as something worth saving. They are just cool oddities, which is how I viewed them at first. I just hope other channels don't repeat this, the "crush stuff" youtube channels sometimes take hints on what to do from each other...

18-5-2016 11:51:19  #6

Idiots. Small things amuse small minds. Waste of a machine. Waste of usable parts. I wanted to comment on their ignorance on the video's page but apparently you need to have a YouTube account to do so.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

18-5-2016 12:24:29  #7

beak wrote:

I once had a Remington I felt like doing that to.

This one will undoubtedly appear on EBay soon as a "Great restoration project'.

Hahahaha on both counts! 

18-5-2016 16:12:30  #8

Someone in school showed this to me, and I nearly knocked the lights clear out of them. But I have to admit, some part of me enjoyed this because sometimes I just wanted to crush my Remington KMC too. To be honest, I would prefer this, over someone cutting off the keys, and throwing away the rest. Because either way, the machine would be rendered useless to us, and at least with this, it's "for the pursuit of science" or some made up reason like that. (though it just mostly makes me sad... Rest in Many Pieces 194X Remington KMC   We are thankful for many years of unwavering, faithful service. )

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

18-5-2016 16:57:42  #9

Now I'll admit I've had a few Remington typewriters I was mad at, but NEVER this!!  In fact, if you want my opinion, this particular model, from 1939 to about 1950, represents some of the best designed Remington standards.  I cut my teeth in typewriter repair on such a typewriter back in 1981.  In fact, I own two such working models.  One of which I intend to paint a military camouflage because it was once a U. S. Army typewriter, complete with names and signatures dating back to it's building date (1947, according to its serial number.  My other one was built in 1948.  I also have spares so I'm in pretty good shape, KMC-wise).  I also re-keyed it with some blank keytops from a Remington Super-Riter and when I get done with it, it will look SHARP.  When I can get set up and when I finish the machine, I will upload pictures. If they want to smash a typewriter, why couldn't they pick a Remington Electri-Conomy?  But first, take out the motor.  That's the only part that's good about them.  You can re-motor an Underwood electric or an IBM type bar machine with them.

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

18-5-2016 23:45:15  #10

Uwe wrote:

Idiots. Small things amuse small minds. Waste of a machine. Waste of usable parts. I wanted to comment on their ignorance on the video's page but apparently you need to have a YouTube account to do so.

I put a comment on Youtube about it that hopefully speaks for everyone in this forum.  Hopefully, I took care of everyone on this one. 

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

Board footera