You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20-5-2016 03:33:47  #11

Re: SG1 questions

I'm new to this site, and really found it by chance. So I'm delighted to find so many enthusiasts for the wonderful SG1. I bought mine from the US some years ago, and therefore have to tolerate dollar signs and not pounds sterling! But they really are superb machines. Mine was, I think, custom made for some business or other - I've never seen a keyboard with a superscript th for writing dates - 9th, 12th etc. Very neat. And if you dropped one of these from a ten story building, you'd have to feel sorry for the pavement! 

A pleasure to see William Burroughs seated at his SG1. My commonplace book is stuffed with quotations - mostly Shakespeare, of course (I am an Englishman, after all), but there's one from Burroughs. You have to think about it - a lot, actually, before you get it. (Then you smile.) "Paranoia means having all the facts." (The American Shakespeare scholar Harold Bloom described this as "Burroughs best sentence.") Now I'm off to find the one missing piece from my typewriter - a paper guide. 

20-5-2016 10:37:40  #12

Re: SG1 questions

Welcome to Typewriter Talk, atavus.  Make sure you join our SG Owners' Club, which is in another thread (topic) within this sub-forum.

The 'th' key is actually commonly found on the SG1, most of my SGs have it, and it's equally expected that the paper rest will be missing. Good luck finding one!

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera