You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11-6-2016 16:55:52  #41

Re: Composition of your typewriter collection

I think I've owned just about everything typewriter that's passed through Waco!!

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

11-6-2016 16:57:49  #42

Hoohoohooheeheeheehahahaha!!! Are we having fun yet!?  Bdrbdrbdrbdrbdr!!

11-6-2016 19:20:29  #43

TypewriterKing wrote:

I think I've owned just about everything typewriter that's passed through Waco!!

Thank you for the warning. So if I ever pass through Waco with a typewriter I will understand that strange magnet tug on it... 

"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton".

11-6-2016 19:29:23  #44

Don't worry.  All that'll probably happen to it will be that it gets a new ribbon, a few slight adjustments (a little tuning, a little tightening, steel wool on the carriage tracks to smooth 'em up), brush the type bars, squirt a little tranny fluid in for good measure, clean off the outside, type a few love letters to my girlfriend with it, and you'll have 'er back good as new.  And I don't even charge that much--just $15.00-20.00 labor plus a nominal amount for any needed parts if I have them.

12-6-2016 17:13:59  #45

Oh, I almost forgot--I'd slap a paint job on some machines.  Gotta few I'm going to do this Summer.  Soon as I get set up, I'll upload pictures.

12-6-2016 23:05:27  #46

Ok, I'm new at this, but here it is so far:

Olympia: SM3, SM9
Royal: Quiet De Luxe '52 w/Sans Serif font;
Quiet De Luxe '55 Baby Blue; FP in drab brown--someday I'll trade up for a color.

So, it's Olympias and Royals so far--and I love them.

12-6-2016 23:24:05  #47

pdxtypewriter wrote:

Ok, I'm new at this, but here it is so far:

Olympia: SM3, SM9
Royal: Quiet De Luxe '52 w/Sans Serif font;
Quiet De Luxe '55 Baby Blue; FP in drab brown--someday I'll trade up for a color.

So, it's Olympias and Royals so far--and I love them.

Your FP--is it brown or is it grey?  The FPs I've seen are mostly grey, and the HH machines before them were drab brown.  These were the most common, but there were machines painted in pastel colors, but I myself haven't seen them down here in Central Texas.  What you might do is explore painting it yourself with the color or colors you choose.  There are several threads I've written in that discuss painting.  Just go on the search and type in "painting" and see what you come up with.  Also, I can go step by step with you via private inbox.  Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

12-6-2016 23:53:45  #48

Gray it is. 

I may attempt a partial paint job; gray and pink would look lovely.  I'll take you up with some advice when the time comes.

Your FP--is it brown or is it grey? The FPs I've seen are mostly grey, and the HH machines before them were drab brown. These were the most common, but there were machines painted in pastel colors, but I myself haven't seen them down here in Central Texas. What you might do is explore painting it yourself with the color or colors you choose. There are several threads I've written in that discuss painting. Just go on the search and type in "painting" and see what you come up with. Also, I can go step by step with you via private inbox. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

12-6-2016 23:56:57  #49

To my knowledge neither model was ever available in brown. There were brown Royal portables, but not HH or FP models.

The FP was available in six colours aside from the dark gray and light gray variations. The six were brushed aluminum, coral rose, cameo pink, sandstone, sea blue, and willow green. Sandstone is pretty light, so I don't think it would be confused with brown.

The HH was available in four different grays (charcoal, frieze, light, and dark), and in three colours: coral rose; horizon blue; and Nile green.

If PDX has a brown FP it's either been repainted, or it needs a good cleaning! 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

13-6-2016 00:39:29  #50

No, it's gray. What needs a good cleaning is my memory!  I just looked at it--battleship gray, as solid as a tank. 

Uwe wrote:

To my knowledge neither model was ever available in brown. There were brown Royal portables, but not HH or FP models.

The FP was available in six colours aside from the dark gray and light gray variations. The six were brushed aluminum, coral rose, cameo pink, sandstone, sea blue, and willow green. Sandstone is pretty light, so I don't think it would be confused with brown.

The HH was available in four different grays (charcoal, frieze, light, and dark), and in three colours: coral rose; horizon blue; and Nile green.

If PDX has a brown FP it's either been repainted, or it needs a good cleaning! 

Board footera