You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18-6-2016 20:25:49  #11

Re: It's a Remington, but....

Can't imagine why the link to first photo broke - it's stored in the same place as the second. Did I violate some posting rule?

"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton".

19-6-2016 11:03:47  #12

Repartee wrote:

Can't imagine why the link to first photo broke - it's stored in the same place as the second. Did I violate some posting rule?

I looked into it and the link is broken. Either you moved the photo at the Goggle site were you have it stored or changed it in some way after you posted the link here because there is no longer an image at the link you used. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

03-7-2016 11:55:52  #13

For what it's worth, you can easily rearrange the hammers in those machines.  There's one bar that holds them in place which can be slid out to free them.  Just a guess, someone in the distant past customized that typewriter themselves, rather than the factory.

03-7-2016 16:03:07  #14

polyester wrote:

For what it's worth, you can easily rearrange the hammers in those machines.

Do you mean the typebars? If so, they can't simply be rearranged as they are not all the same shape; the angle of the slug varies in relation to the typebars position on the fulcrum.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera