You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27-7-2016 23:12:07  #1

Newer model RQD

I really like this. I love glass-topped keys, but this typewriter has a great feel. It seems barely used. and is very clean, 

Visit my website, eafeliupoetry.com, for posts on typewriters and literature.

28-7-2016 10:21:33  #2

Re: Newer model RQD

I love those cross-over models that still have the old Quiet De Luxe (QDL) case, but also introduced features that were found on models such as the Futura such as the ribbon cover release and red Magic Margin levers. You don't (well, I don't) see them very often, so it should be a keeper. The much later mid-'60s model (see below) is perhaps even less common (for good reason). 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

28-7-2016 11:29:17  #3

Uwe, it's a great machine, indeed. I sat with it most of last night, and enjoyed it. It's really clean and appears to have been used little by its sole owner. I did notice the bell doesn't ring at the end of the line.

I did notice it has keys not found in most typewriters: the "tilde" and accent marks, for example, which will prove useful to Spanish speakers such as myself. Curiously, it doesn't have an asterisk key.

28-7-2016 11:30:06  #4

I also would like to know how to set the tabs.

28-7-2016 16:05:25  #5

typeset wrote:

I also would like to know how to set the tabs.

Flip the paper table back (where the Quiet De Luxe badge is). The manually adjusted tab stops should be under there.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera