You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06-8-2016 09:57:32  #1


Typewriter Atrocities

I'm thinking of starting a society: People for the Ethical Treatment of Typewriters.

Have you ever seen anything like this?



The seller calls it an Industrial Steampunk Plasma Typewriter.


They want $600 for it. At least it still has its keys, I suppose.



"It's alive, it's aliive!"

If you've come across any other cringeworthy typewriter modifications, I'd be interested to hear about them.

 

06-8-2016 10:45:34  #2


Re: Typewriter Atrocities

That thing is also a crime against radio tubes  


My blog - Just Typewriters
 
 

06-8-2016 14:14:05  #3


Re: Typewriter Atrocities

We actually started a thread quite a while ago for this type of machine, it would be great if you could add this steam punk junk to it. I wouldn't have an issue with someone doing this to a typewriter if the machine can be restored to its original state, but looking at the photos it seems that option wasn't in the thoughts of the 'artist'.

 

08-8-2016 01:22:47  #4


Re: Typewriter Atrocities

Whoops! Sorry Uwe. Didn't realise there was already a thread to this effect.

I agree. Steampunk "conversions" tend to be unrecoverable once made, and this looks like it's no different. I suppose it's a just a different attitude to what we would consider history.
 

     •Thread Starter
 

Board footera