You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08-8-2016 20:53:35  #11

Re: Olivetti Lettera 32 DL

Is it really leather? Looks like the same sort of stuff you'd see on older cameras -- which usually was faux stuff (which holds up better, though is prone to shrinking a bit).

09-8-2016 08:49:27  #12

Fleetwing, I called it pleather because it's plastic that imitates leather. Yep, just like the old film cameras.

Visit my website, eafeliupoetry.com, for posts on typewriters and literature.

11-8-2016 11:30:54  #13

typeset - it was funny, but really: don't use olive oil. Find a vinyl cleaner or use a mild soap.

My grandfather (born in Italy) used to lubricate the mantle clock with olive oil, applied via goose feather. It eventually gummed-up so badly the clock stopped working. He also put it in his hair, but I'm assuming he washed it once in a while because _it_ never stopped working!

One portable, one desktop machine. What would I do with more? - he said, unable to see his future.

27-8-2016 03:39:16  #14

I had one of these, they are great in my opinion.
Although my machine worked perfectly, some of the typefaces were broken. There was a 'hole' in the o and d keys. That kept annoying me, so I got rid of it. But I remember being struck by how sturdy the machine felt. Somehow it felt firmer or tougher than the models I have of its predecessor (Lettera 32), so I get why they called it Lettera DeLuxe.

Board footera