You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17-9-2016 20:54:44  #11

Re: My Smith Coronas

This forum was designed by a bunch of knuckle heads, i posted something here and it just disappears? Really, and another member post something and it gets deleted? You got to be freaking kidding me. Consider me f&*king gone, what a freaking joke.

18-9-2016 16:50:41  #12

Uwe wrote:

I'll try explaining it another way. You are using the link (web address - URL) for the webpage that you have put the photos in, which doesn't work. You need to use the link (web address - URL) for the actual photo itself. Try right-clicking on the image on your webpage and see if the "copy image address" option pops up. You use this image address to post a photo here. And keep in mind that the image only lasts as long here as long as you have it uploaded somewhere else.

Yeah!  I've noticed that, but I wasn't quite sure why, and then I figured it out:  For this to remain a free forum, the pictures all have to be posted offsite, and then we give the address of the site (and the particular photo site itself if necessary) to direct us to what we want others to see.  Also, it logically stands to reason that if and when the photo is no longer at that site, there is no photo.  Period.  I'm just re-iterating so that I can make sure I understand.  I am in the process of getting set up to post pictures.  Time and money have stymied me so far, but I think I have made a little bit of progress in that direction.  I'll let everyone know when I plan to get my "slide-show" going. 

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

18-9-2016 17:03:45  #13

Oh yeah, I think I succeeded in getting a picture from Craigslist onto here.  Don't know if it's still here, but I remember checking to see if it did get here, and it did.  They probably have sold the typewriter, and the picture may be gone now.

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

Board footera