You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04-10-2016 07:29:13  #11

Re: Royal All-American

Thanks for the Jones Typewriter tip, colrehogan. I'm definitely going to check them out.

I like the idea of a type-in. Do you know any other locals who would participate? I do not.

05-10-2016 17:52:20  #12

Myshkin wrote:

Hello, all. I have an introductory post up in that thread.

I'd like to figure out as much as I can about my Royal All-American, serial No. M-4975737 (I think). From what I've seen online it looks like it's a catalogue re-issue sans many of the higher-end features of the Futura from which it takes its body. Does anyone have one of these or know where it came from?

I'm also wondering about the quality of catalogue re-issues in general as my All-American requires a light touch in order to keep the carriage from skipping. Is that a thing? Are re-issues sketchy on quality?

Any information, as always, will be much appreciated.  

I'd love to post pictures, but I can't include links until I make another post, so someone ask me a question or something.

If anything, re-issues are supposed to be a step above the regular issues in that a store puts its reputation on the line for something it sells.  As for the Royal All-American, I have a 1960 model that looks just like yours, and I haven't had a minute's trouble out of it.  No skips, no piles, steady as a rock.  I did, however, steal the bell ringing mechanism out of a Royal Safari and installed it because there was no bell in the typewriter at all. 

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

05-10-2016 20:13:42  #13

Me neither.

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

Board footera