You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04-10-2016 16:36:24  #1

Auto-Reverse Only Works One Way

It seems there's some sort of issue with the auto-reverse of my Olivetti Lettera 32 and I believe I've narrowed it down to an issue with the mechanism for the left spool. The auto-reverse only works one way as the pulling mechanism of the left spool never stops regardless of when the auto-reverse has been triggered so that it is the right's turn to pull the ribbon back. Every time I press a key, the ribbon always advances to the left. The right spool makes indication it wants to pull the other way but the left always pulls harder and forces the right to move with it.

Currently the proud owner of...
Imperial 2002     -     Blick Universal     -     Olivetti Lettera 32     -     Hermes Ambassador

Dreaming of...
Hermes 3000     -     Royal Quiet De Luxe     -     Imperial Good Companion    -     Smith Corona Silent-Super     -     Royal FP

04-10-2016 16:42:53  #2

Re: Auto-Reverse Only Works One Way

I can't tell if it's because I'm ill and my sick brain is foggy, but I cannot figure out how to edit my first post. I hope a double post is alright!

Further inspection reveals that the little hooked bar that connects to the teeth o the plastic gear underneath is not being retracted under the left side. It does not move, whereas the one on the right does in correspondence to the auto-reverse mechanism.

Imperial 2002     -     Blick Universal     -     Olivetti Lettera 32     -     Hermes Ambassador

Dreaming of...
Hermes 3000     -     Royal Quiet De Luxe     -     Imperial Good Companion    -     Smith Corona Silent-Super     -     Royal FP

04-10-2016 16:52:58  #3

Mari wrote:

I can't tell if it's because I'm ill and my sick brain is foggy, but I cannot figure out how to edit my first post.

There is no option to edit. This is covered within the forum FAQ thread, and in particular this post.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

04-10-2016 16:55:10  #4

Ah, okay! Thank you for pointing that out to me. I completely understand the reasoning behind that! 

Dreaming of...

Board footera