You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26-12-2016 12:50:49  #1

So you want to build an Underwood 3 bank?

Took apart my 3 Bank and since theres nothing out there on this, i decided to make my own series on this.

COMING SOON! Currently Im cleaning everything. Wait around a few days and Ill have a guide posted!

29-12-2016 07:53:17  #2

Re: So you want to build an Underwood 3 bank?

Currently reassembling. Oh my does that thing work now! The t and g keys were solid and the rest were sticky and now work amazingly well! It's so clean!

Man those underwood designers did a great job. Desktop models should take after it. It's just amazing.

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

30-12-2016 17:22:41  #3

Back from a long break.

30-12-2016 22:50:19  #4

TypewriterGuy wrote:

Currently reassembling. Oh my does that thing work now! The t and g keys were solid and the rest were sticky and now work amazingly well! It's so clean!

Man those underwood designers did a great job. Desktop models should take after it. It's just amazing.

Except Underwood did not design it.
The Underwood 3 bank is the design of Lee S Burridge, the same man who had earlier manufactured the Sun Standard No. 2. Underwood bought the rights to produce the design.

My blog - Just Typewriters

30-12-2016 23:46:01  #5

Now that's a plot twist...

Well then HE did a good job. I have a lye model so Underwood of course has also refined it.

Back from a long break.

02-1-2017 02:34:37  #6

I just acquired a 4 Bank that the serial dates to 1930, in green. I am so in love and will be following this thread for sure

Photo here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOvZkOejnzK/

Using vintage recipes, patterns, lifestyle tips, etc. sourced from my own personal collection
http://vintagebythebook.blogspot.com/

02-1-2017 17:28:44  #7

Wow, thats a nice one! Id recommend not following this guide on it however, I dont know how the 4 banks are... not sure thats what you were thinking. If your just in it to see how they work, they should be about the same.

Part 2 has been added everyone.

Back from a long break.

Board footera