You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22-3-2017 08:10:43  #1


Spots on t/w

How can I avoid  white spots on metall parts of my t/w?
 

 

22-3-2017 10:19:40  #2


Re: Spots on t/w

Can you be more specific? Maybe post pictures?

 

22-3-2017 10:42:40  #3


Re: Spots on t/w

Yes, not sure if you're talking about metal corrosion or dried correcting fluid.

 

22-3-2017 11:03:08  #4


Re: Spots on t/w

I suspect this is a metal corrosion. Unfortunately I do not know how to upload a picture.

     •Thread Starter
 

22-3-2017 11:11:30  #5


Re: Spots on t/w

i was advised to use isopropyl alcohol (propane-2-ol)

     •Thread Starter
 

22-3-2017 11:18:09  #6


Re: Spots on t/w

Nikolai wrote:

I do not know how to upload a picture.

Please read: Typewriter Talk FAQ - PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!


Nikolai wrote:

I suspect this is a metal corrosion.

Are the parts bare metal or plated (chrome, nickel, etc.)? Fine steel wool works to remove mild corrosion, and storing the machine in a drier environment might be enough to prevent (or at least slow) any further corrosion. 

 

Board footera