You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04-5-2017 21:39:02  #1

WTB left side platen spindle for Olympia SG3.

I had recently come into possession of an Olympia SG3 Senatorial font but the left side platen spindle is bent. This is the part that screws into the platen from the left side.  I would really like the whole assembly with the knob on it as well since mine is cracked. 

The problem it's causing is that the platen doesn't turn freely which makes the carriage return bind and the paper advance bind as well as just making it not very good or enjoyable.

Thank you all in advance.

04-5-2017 23:45:31  #2

Re: WTB left side platen spindle for Olympia SG3.

Or I would even buy an entire carriage assembly if anyone had one. They are so easy to swap that would be nice as well.  Thank you!

06-5-2017 14:31:16  #3

A model year would be quite important to know if you're going to replace the carriage and have it match the machine given that they changed quite a bit over the years. A Mexican-made SG3 carriage, for example, on an early German-made model would be a terrible mismatch. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

06-5-2017 18:42:38  #4

The model number of the typewriter is 7-1309282, from what I gather that makes it from 1965. I hope that helps.

07-5-2017 12:24:06  #5

Well, if you want a carriage to match your machine it will need to have the lighter grey metal panels and green knob accents as seen on this '65 SG3 (later models in the '60s had darker grey coachwork).

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

07-5-2017 17:26:24  #6

Uwe wrote:

Well, if you want a carriage to match your machine it will need to have the lighter grey metal panels and green knob accents as seen on this '65 SG3 (later models in the '60s had darker grey coachwork).

Thant is what it looks like on mine.

Board footera