You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03-4-2014 11:59:59  #61

Re: New Member Thread

I have a number of typewriters. I wouldn't call myself a "hardcore collector" by any means, but I gradually started picking up typewriters after becoming interested in antique adding machines. 

My collection currently consists of a Blickensderfer No. 5, Oliver No. 2 and Oliver No. 9, Remington No. 2 (alas, missing some parts but the price was right) and a Burroughs Electric. In newer machines, I have a Remington Noiseless portable and a Royal Futura 800, though these last two are in another state at the moment... A Silver-Reed Sovereign 750, a Selectric I, and, most recently acquired in my quest for a couple of manual typewriters that I can actually use for some writing, an Olympia SM3 and a Sears Tower Chieftain II, which is really a rebranded SC Skyriter. 

I thought I'd join up here because although I have a good grasp of the history of typewriters, my knowledge of how to maintain them and fix them up is far more limited. 

03-4-2014 13:32:27  #62

Nice collection, and welcome to TT! I hope you'll post some photos of your interesting machines, especially that Burroughs Electric.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

09-4-2014 06:38:40  #63

Hi,

My interest is mainly in portables most of which seem to be quite 'modern' at the moment. I sell books as a profession and refurbishing typewriters was really a hobby, but it seems to have turned into an interesting sideline, I suppose they fit quite well alongside the books. 

Currently I have a few sitting about, some of which will probably stay with me. They are a Smith Corona Ghia, Olympia Traveller DeLuxe, Remington Monarch 2, Alder Tippa, Silver-Reed SR180 DeLuxe and a Silver Reed Silverette II.

16-4-2014 03:21:25  #64

Greetings All,

I am a collector and restorer of all kinds of old technical Stuff. I like radios, televisions, computers, typewriters and anything else that catches my interest.
My typewriter collection consists of:-

Remington Standard no:- 7  Sn:- 194,048      (1898)
Oliver no:- 5                          Sn:- 273,045      (1907)
Imperial Standard Model D   Sn:- 57412         (1919)
Royal Standard no:- 10         Sn:- X-889,676  (1924)

The Imperial Standard D Model is the latest that i found and is currently being cleaned up and restored as far as possible. It is currently working quite well.
I have some questions regarding the Imperial that i will post elsewhere on this Forum.

Cheers,
Alan.

16-4-2014 04:56:17  #65

Hi and welcome! I hope we get to hear more about your machines, both typewriters and other stuff you collect. Especially your television collection interests me, I don't previously know anyone who collects them.

22-4-2014 13:26:35  #66

Hi, 

I am new to the forum, I just happened to buy two typewriters on ebay and decided to find out what in the world I bought. This is what I got: 

Remington 16 (c.1934)
Royal Standard (c.1915)

The dates is what I found on a website with an extensive database of makes, models and serial numbers. The Royal Standard has cool clear panels on the sides, and a very worn tab. One of them will be a birthday present for my dad and the other one I have not decided what to do with. 

Cheers, 

Pepe

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" Mario Andretti 

22-4-2014 14:58:28  #67

Welcome to Typewriter Talk Pepe! Those are two very nice machines; I hope you'll post a few photos along with how you ended up with them in the Standard Typewriters sub-forum. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

22-4-2014 19:47:18  #68

Here are pictures of my findings, I picked them on ebay for what I think it was a pretty good deal. They are dusty and have a lot of grime, I am planning on dusting them off since everything seems to be working. I can't quite figure out how much they average on ebay since they seem to be all over the place.  

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" Mario Andretti 

04-5-2014 04:58:49  #69

Morning all.  My name's Kasper and I'm very pleased to find this group.  I'm a professional artist and museum art handler in Deptford, London, and in my art practice I mainly use typewriters, so I've managed to build up a small collection even though I primarily use just one Silver-Reed 500 as it has an extra wide carriage, which is useful...  There's a book out this month called 'Typewriter Art- a Modern Anthology' published by Laurence King, which very kindly has a page about me.  I've about 20 typewriters in my collection and the most recent addition is an Arabic Olivetti, so the script is beautiful and cursive and it types from right to left.  Look forward to posting some pictures soon, have a good day folks...

"...as if you could kill time without injuring eternity".

04-5-2014 07:29:34  #70

Hi Kasper, and welcome! Can't wait to see pictures of not only your collection, but of the art that you curate as well. I've heard of that particular book, but I don't recall from where; I assume it's the same book, after all, how many typewriter art books could there possibly be? 

Board footera