You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18-6-2017 14:51:17  #31

Re: What typewriter are you using currently?

Took the wife and kids to the beach the other day.
I worked on a devotional topic for church next Sunday while they enjoyed the water.
I took along my Remington #5 portable to try and use in the car as Joe V C is found to do sometimes.
I didn't feel like sitting at a picnic table as the park was rather busy at the time but the #5 was just a bit too cumbersome to work sitting in the car with it.
Stuck with the notebook and pen for the first draft and I am supposed to be typing it out right now but I find myself too easily distracted by this electronic 'wonder box' to make anything like progress on it.

18-6-2017 15:55:29  #32

Erika 8. Can't get over it.
Love the feel of the precision.

19-6-2017 16:55:25  #33

Now an Urania 8 sits on the desk.

A beast, and a gloomy one. Strong lines, weird black paint which is not really black, missing bell, quite silent, types flawlessly after being brought back to life from a state of broken carriage rails... Not a funny machine like a colorful Olympia Traveller de Luxe, not a serious one like a Torpedo 20, but a dark one.

TaktaktataktaktakcluccluctaktaktaktaktakDINGtaktaktaktakCREEEEEEEEECtaktaktak...

(Olivetti Linea 98)

20-6-2017 00:21:01  #34

Javi
I have never heard of those Urania machines but after googling them I must say, they seem like another fine example of superior German schreibermaschine craftsmanship... or is their country of origin a different one ?

20-6-2017 16:22:49  #35

They' re German. From Dresden, in fact. They still produced typewriters for a few years after WW2, and they went from offering really beautiful machines with large and colorful decals which represented the world to dark, almost featureless monsters which are pretty unique. Wartime machines are notorious for their lack of superfluous features, such as decoration and even functions. Can' t remember exactly which one, but there was a DM (or was it a Juwell?) without backspacer.

TaktaktataktaktakcluccluctaktaktaktaktakDINGtaktaktaktakCREEEEEEEEECtaktaktak...

(Olivetti Linea 98)

21-6-2017 08:55:52  #36

I'm currently using an Adler J2 that I just refurbished. I recently picked it up because it has a cursive typeface, which I am actually really enjoying! I try to cycle through my collection by using a different machine every week or two. Up next week... I think I'll pull out the Olympia SM9.

09-7-2017 01:04:19  #37

1928 Royal Portable with green crackle paint. My first acquisition from about a month ago.

09-7-2017 10:27:17  #38

I've been hooked on a few Remingtons for the past week or so. In particular, I've been really enjoying this Travel-Riter in the backyard. It's a perfect size for one-handed carries around the house.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera