You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12-7-2017 18:52:33  #621

Re: New Member Thread

I've only heard the Montgomery Ward machines referred by the nickname (I still remember the stores, I'm mid-forties).

I've owned four various models and really like them.  It might be just a sentimental bias on my part, but I think they're a little better than the Brothers I've used (even tho they made em).

My favorite is a little cursive model that came with a"desk" that C-clamps onto shelves or other overhangs. It has the best little elite type.

13-7-2017 13:11:37  #622

Hi all
Thanks for this great forum. I just bought my first typewriter (at least in 60 years), a new Royal Epoch. It works very nicely so far, though I know it isn't high on everyone's list. For the past five years I've been deep into the world of fountain pens. While I am still mainly a fountain pen geek, I'm loving typing too. I'd love to gather some vintage machines, budget and space are big issues. In any case, I am a retired clergy and author of a few books in my field and I'm glad to be here.
Ira

13-7-2017 15:15:19  #623

Welcome to the forum, Ira. 

​We do have The Official Fountain Pen Thread, which might be of interest to you. It seems a natural compliment to be interested in both pens and typers; I too collected pens before typewriters, but now that the typewriter has become my primary writing tool, I haven't bought a fountain pen in a very long time. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

13-7-2017 15:17:52  #624

Welcome, Ira!

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

13-7-2017 20:29:28  #625

Greetings Ira: I am fairly new here myself and just love fountain pens. Fountain pens, typewriters, and notebooks compliment each other, methinks. Take care and enjoy the forums.
David

14-7-2017 07:48:38  #626

Thanks for the welcome, David

25-7-2017 03:02:18  #627

Hello all,

I am also a new member of this typewriter forum. My name is Typenic and I live in The Netherlands. The reason to join this blog is as part of my PhD on typewriter typefaces and hope that people would help me to find some answers I cannot find in literature or on the internet. Hopefully people with a lot of knowledge are so kind to help me out. Thanks very much in advance.

25-7-2017 17:37:17  #628

Hello Typenic, and welcome.  I'm sure folk here will help you.

Sincerely,
beak.

03-8-2017 13:34:23  #629

Hello all:

New member here.

My name is Robert, and I hail from the Dallas-Fort Worth area of Texas.  I'm a critical care nurse by trade. My hobbies include Jeeps, camping/backpacking, photography, and now vintage typewriters. Thanks to advice I gleaned from reading old posts here on the forum I recently acquired my first typewriter--a 1954 SM3 in olive green.  I'm very taken by the idea of manual typewriters, and love the simplicity of no electronics.  I look forward to learning from the experts here.

Cheers!

Regards,

Robert

03-8-2017 13:40:16  #630

Welcome to the forum, Robert!

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

Board footera