You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19-9-2017 08:15:17  #1

"California Typewriter" in Cleveland 9/22 with Polt & Davises

"California Typewriter" opens this Friday, September 22, at the Cedar Lee Theater at 2163 Lee Road in Cleveland Heights. After the 7:15 show, I'll be there to take questions along with Clevelanders Will and Dave Davis. Will is the creator of an amazing set of typewriter websites that has been very influential in opening people's eyes to modern portables and other machines. He and his brother Dave are the authors of the blog Davis Typewriter Works, and Will recently started the blog On the Margin, about rebuilt typewriters.I'll have signed copies of my book, The Typewriter Revolution, available at a good price.I'm also bringing a Smith-Corona Silent-Super from my own collection that has a special Yes/No type slug. The theater is sponsoring a free sweepstakes with this machine as the prize. It will come with a typed, signed copy of The Typewriter Manifesto. Enter the sweepstakes by September 28. You will need to pick up the typewriter in Cleveland, of course. http://clevelandcinemas.com/page/5361/Sweepstakes-ShowtimesAnd I'll be in Chicago the following weekend — more details on that event as they become available.

19-9-2017 09:10:52  #2

Re: "California Typewriter" in Cleveland 9/22 with Polt & Davises

Nuts, too bad I can't be there. Sounds like a great time.I hope some folks from this forum can make it. Didn't know Sam Shepard (RIP) was a typewriter guy, or John Mayer for that matter.

19-9-2017 11:58:13  #3

Richard Polt wrote:

".... snip ....
a Smith-Corona Silent-Super from my own collection that has a special Yes/No type slug.
.... snip .....

Fascinating. Which one is the default and which one forces you to make the effort to shift in order to express your agreement/disagreement?

19-9-2017 16:09:01  #4

'No' is the lowercase (default) character.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera