You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21-11-2017 17:30:23  #1

Hoping to get some info on the panasonic KX-R190

Hi there I joined this forum because I recently bought my first typewriter, the Panasonic KX-R190
I was wondering if anyone knew when these started manufacture, as I am an avid collector of 80s paraphernalia, and I cant quite pinpoint if this is an 80s or 90s model, and hence, suitable for my collection

Thanks in advance,
Niamh B

21-11-2017 18:44:35  #2

Re: Hoping to get some info on the panasonic KX-R190

There might be a date code on the machine's specification label (check back, sides, and underside of the typewriter for a label that gives you the machine's operating voltage, etc.). Electronic typewriters are certainly not my forte, but if I had to guess I'd think it was a '90s model.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

21-11-2017 20:02:13  #3

I am picking up the machine tomorrow so I will definitely look for that and post an update
there is a code on the back of the instruction manual i found online that reads- PJQX5678ZB C0689TJ2 if that is of any significance? 

21-11-2017 22:18:29  #4

Not to me ​, but who knows, there might be a collector out there with a penchant for Panasonic and that number could mean something to him. It could just be a part number for the manual itself...

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera