You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03-10-2017 14:00:23  #1

Hermes Rocket

Really can't beat it for durability and portability. Great workout also, as the keys are usually a bit, um, not for the weak-fingered. After long disuse, my forearms can feel it, despite regular gym time.     Maybe I should just do an adjustment. Not getting any younger. 

Throw up into your typewriter every morning. Clean up every noon - Raymond Chandler

28-2-2018 13:30:34  #2

Re: Hermes Rocket

Throw up into your typewriter every morning. Clean up every noon - Raymond Chandler

28-2-2018 18:59:23  #3

IvanRocket wrote:

Really can't beat it for durability and portability. Great workout also, as the keys are usually a bit, um, not for the weak-fingered. After long disuse, my forearms can feel it, despite regular gym time.     Maybe I should just do an adjustment. Not getting any younger. 

Ivan, well maintained machine. You know the irony, I have this model and I have the 1940s model. The 40s model is one of my favorite writing machines. But any of the new keys, on any of the Hermes models from 50 on, I just can't take em. I dont enjoy the action or the feel of the keys. 

Art is horsesh*t, buy tacos instead---Bukowski 

20-3-2018 17:04:19  #4

Hey Snoopy,

I understand about the action.   My first instrument I ever played was the accordion, so maybe I just was used to the "mushier" keys, like Newer Rockets.    
Then again, I haven"T tried any older ones.       
I'm keeping an eye out.

Ivan

Board footera