You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19-1-2018 16:34:26  #1571

Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

Here is a diagram showing the fractional cylinder end, which is often the part that gets gummed up and causes issues with the cylinder not catching the ratchet:

19-1-2018 17:01:29  #1572

Thanks very much! Not sure what the situation is -- will need to research how to remove the platen.

19-1-2018 18:44:49  #1573

Fleetwing wrote:

Thanks very much! Not sure what the situation is -- will need to research how to remove the platen.

I believe it is the same procedure as the later models:  Remove the platen set screw and fractional line space aligning screw located on the right side of the platen. Remove left cylinder knob. Then, gripping the right cylinder knob, pull the rod out from the right. The platen can then be lifted out.

Shown below is the diagram from the KMM procedure:

20-2-2018 10:46:01  #1574

Well, it's been a little while since my last acquisition (I'd also have an Oliver badged Voss ST24 to report had I not been in the sticks with a crappy internet connection...), but this sweet little Adler Primus joins the collection tomorrow. It'll be my first typer with a non - standard keyboard (mathematical), too.

s-l1600 (7) by Frank Judge, on Flickr

22-2-2018 13:50:20  #1575

It has been positively ages since I have been on this board.  I seem to have acquired quite a few new machines since I last posted on here.  No idea where to even start. 

The coolest machine is a Smith Premier 4 with directional keys on it.  I may have posted it somewhere, but am not going to spend my whole lunch time searching for an old post.   Several Smith Corona Galaxie and Galaxie II's have made their way home with me.  An Olympia SM-1 w/German keyboard, a Remington Model 1, a Signature 511 (I've heard this is the same as a Brother JP-3), a Smith Corona Silent, a SC tabulator and an Olympia SM-3.  I need to gather things up and update my inventory on typewriter database.  I think I have had a typewriter acquisition problem.  

http://typewriterdatabase.com/1899-smith-premier-4.9475.typewriter

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

22-2-2018 14:04:25  #1576

colrehogan wrote:

I think I have had a typewriter acquisition problem.  

It doesn't look like you have a problem acquiring typewriters to me. You seem pretty good at it. 

There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed. -- Ernest Hemingway

22-2-2018 15:42:25  #1577

colrehogan wrote:

It has been positively ages since I have been on this board.  I seem to have acquired quite a few new machines since I last posted on here.  No idea where to even start. 

The coolest machine is a Smith Premier 4 with directional keys on it.  I may have posted it somewhere, but am not going to spend my whole lunch time searching for an old post.   Several Smith Corona Galaxie and Galaxie II's have made their way home with me.  An Olympia SM-1 w/German keyboard, a Remington Model 1, a Signature 511 (I've heard this is the same as a Brother JP-3), a Smith Corona Silent, a SC tabulator and an Olympia SM-3.  I need to gather things up and update my inventory on typewriter database.  I think I have had a typewriter acquisition problem.  

http://typewriterdatabase.com/1899-smith-premier-4.9475.typewriter

Where have you been? You were missed! And yes, you've been busy!

26-2-2018 13:08:57  #1578

Oh, here and there.  Actually got talked into getting on the FB typing groups.  Not enough hours in the day for it all.  Glad to know I was missed.  I feel like the invisible person most of the time.

My SP4 in the link still has ribbon issues.  It moves front to back, but barely from one spool to the other.  I don’t understand what is going on.  I might be able to see more if I removed the top, but I’m not going to do that by myself.  A pro would have to supervise that and I don’t think he would want me to do that either.

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

11-3-2018 13:19:30  #1579

Hello all, this is one of my more recent acquisition. A 1960 Remington Noiseless 10.
http://typewriterdatabase.com/1960-remington-noiseless-10.10340.typewriter

11-3-2018 14:08:00  #1580

Wow, there were still noiseless machines made that recently? I'd love to check it out.

Board footera