You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03-4-2018 12:29:36  #1

Olympia Monica De Luxe

Hi I've just come into possession of an Olympia Monica de Luxe. I think from mid to late 80's. I wonder does anyone have any experience or manual for this model. Seems to be in perfect condition, sourcing new ribbon today.
Many thanks

03-4-2018 16:03:26  #2

Re: Olympia Monica De Luxe

The Monica De Luxe was heavily based on the Olympia SM9.  Basically it is a cheapened version, although still an excellent typewriter.  Here is a link to an instruction book for the SM9 [url=http://site.xavier.edu/polt/typewriters/OlympiaSM9-1970s.pdfYou will find that although the SM9 looks a little different to your Monica, all the controls and functions are in the same places and do the same things.    I hope that this helps !]http://site.xavier.edu/polt/typewriters/OlympiaSM9-1970s.pdf
You will find that although the SM9 looks a little different to your Monica, all the controls and functions are in the same places and do the same things.    I hope that this helps ![/url]

03-4-2018 18:05:37  #3

Brilliant, thank you so much for the information. It's amazing to see my teenage kids fascinated by the mechanics of a typewriter. I even did the Shining "All work and no play..." To much amusement!

04-4-2018 08:58:16  #4

Just to be clear, given the sub-forum you posted in, do you own a Monica de Luxe, or a Monica Electric de Luxe because those are two very different machines.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

04-4-2018 12:01:19  #5

Yes, my reply was about a MANUAL Monica De Luxe.  As Uwe says, the electric version is an entirely different machine !

04-4-2018 12:29:13  #6

It's an electric de luxe

04-4-2018 12:44:33  #7

I have a picture to upload  but can't seem to figure how to do this

04-4-2018 14:16:43  #8

Petefk wrote:

I have a picture to upload  but can't seem to figure how to do this

Typewriter Talk FAQ - PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera