You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22-6-2018 08:46:23  #1

Joerissen Silent Writer Typewriter?

I spotted this machine on Ebay and all I can really tell is that it is an Underwood Standard and is somewhat modified, including the ribbon transport mechanism. Has anyone ever heard of this brand/maker/designer?
Here is the link to the auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Joerissen-Silent-Writer-Typewriter-In-Case-Untested/352381474159?var=null

Here are some pictures.

22-6-2018 12:51:28  #2

Re: Joerissen Silent Writer Typewriter?

I saw that. I was wondering what was up with this, as well. I am curious about the weird type bar rest, which looks like a type segment.

22-6-2018 20:54:25  #3

I was fixated by the belt that looks like it was intended to strap the machine down to something. I used the link hoping to find more photos, but it took me to an auction for a Bennett instead, and a search on eBay didn't turn up anything either.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

22-6-2018 20:58:23  #4

22-6-2018 21:03:40  #5

You have to click on the 'listing" part of the message that reads "The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you." Sometimes it goes to the item sometimes not. If not I will put the other pictures here.

22-6-2018 21:07:16  #6

22-6-2018 22:04:58  #7

One of Underwood's leading engineers was Carl Augustus Joerissen. He was mentioned in an blog post (about an unrelated typewriter) here, and appears in Underwood patents. I am not sure why Joerissen is branded on this Underwood-based machine, though.

25-6-2018 17:39:40  #8

I would love to see the inside of the case, because this is now the second Underwood standard that I've seen that had a travel case and it would be interesting to see if they had the same interior.

I guess since the typewriter's bell has been removed it qualifies as a "silent writer"?  

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera