You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22-6-2014 04:53:37  #1

New spool nuts...

Hi folks,  I just wanted to share this picture of two new spool nuts that my step-dad very kindly machined for me.  He's a keen amateur horologist so has a watch-maker's lathe, and I thought he'd be up for the job.  The nuts are for an Arabic Olivetti that my bio-dad gave me as a present, which was just missing the spool nuts.  I gave my step dad one from another Olivetti to use as a pattern, and they work a charm... I just owe him a slap-up meal now at the Dog & Bell in Deptford, those were the terms...

"...as if you could kill time without injuring eternity".

22-6-2014 04:55:14  #2

Re: New spool nuts...

Apologies for the poor quality photo but this was just taken on my phone in a dark studio...

"...as if you could kill time without injuring eternity".

22-6-2014 16:29:18  #3

For the effort maybe he should have machined four, or six, or more; I'll bet you could easily sell a few sets to other who are missing that part.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

22-6-2014 16:51:49  #4

I know it looks like advertising, but I thought of this last year and had several sets made which are available relatively cheaply on my website !

22-6-2014 17:13:21  #5

thetypewriterman wrote:

I know it looks like advertising, but I thought of this last year and had several sets made which are available relatively cheaply on my website !

Good to know! I'm planning on fabricating a number of parts, and when I do I'll certainly make plenty of extras at the same time; it's not a lot of extra work and who knows how many typewriters it will help down the road.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera