You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28-7-2018 14:41:37  #11

Re: Some problems with a Olympia SM9

Hey, I guess you were right!

I cutted off the eyelet, to see if it works. Now, the mechanism is still not fully reversing, but it's reversing enough so it doesn't reverse back. I guess the eyelet really was stopping the reverse movement. Now I can type without having to touch the mechanism. I'm not fully happy, since it still doesn't reverse completely, but there's no problem anymore. If I move the reverse system with my finger slowly, I can feel some parts scratching one on the other. Maybe something is a little bent. I'll try to figure that out.

Thanks a lot!

29-7-2018 01:44:33  #12

Re: Some problems with a Olympia SM9

Good to hear dropping the eyelet fixed a large part of your problem.
I can't really help you much, considering my SM9 is so different, but if it were my SM having these problems, I'd take a look at whatever is supposed to keep the ribbon movement going in one direction, without going the other way with the slightest tension. On my video, the mechanism that takes care of that, seems to be the one I show between 00:29 and 00:33 below the ribbon spool.
That thing pushes on the ribbon movement thing, and keeps it in place (sorry I don't know the correct terminology). If that's pushing too hard, it won't reverse (or in your case when you had the eyelet in, if there's not enough tension, it won't budge) and alternatively, if it might be too loose, it might not stay into fixed position (causing no movement of the ribbon).
It's just a guess, because I really do not know how your SM9 looks (other than from the video) but like I said, that's where I'd start looking if it were my SM9.

Board footera