You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14-10-2018 16:35:56  #1

FS: Underwood Universal

Hi. Before I sell my type writer I need help identifying, if someone would be so kind. I've found the serial # (F1360715), but have failed to find it in the online databases. Anyone have any idea what model this is?

14-10-2018 18:49:14  #2

Re: FS: Underwood Universal

It sounds like a 1940 Underwood Universal.

14-10-2018 21:15:45  #3

aldiaur wrote:

Hi. Before I sell my type writer I need help identifying, if someone would be so kind. I've found the serial # (F1360715), but have failed to find it in the online databases. Anyone have any idea what model this is?

Of course you won't find that serial number on the internet. Why would anybody before you have ever recorded it on the internet? This has been hidden in somebody's closet since before the internet was invented.

What you will find, here http://typewriterdatabase.com/underwood.4.typewriter-serial-number-database , (if it is an Underwood) is a range of serial numbers for various years and one of those ranges will cover your number. After you enter your typewriter in that database (You have to register.) then your serial number will show up in an internet search.

15-10-2018 17:52:56  #4

It is indeed an Underwood Univsersal 1940. It is dusty and dirty so I am not sure I can evaluate the condition. The only thing I know is wrong is the spacebar is broken in two, but taped together. Anyone interested in buying? Photo: https://photos.app.goo.gl/7KE7Cjq93gPWuGYG7

15-10-2018 19:53:33  #5

Is that a fold-out tripod carrying case? From the photo, it looks like it may be one. The case appears to have the extra lid on the bottom that houses the legs.

15-10-2018 20:39:07  #6

15-10-2018 22:39:43  #7

Nice. If you list this machine in additional places, make sure to mention/show the tripod case. It would likely be the main selling point. While your typewriter is a common model and appears to be pretty dirty, it is not as common to find them paired with tripod cases, and that style of case is on the wish list of some collectors.

16-10-2018 09:22:19  #8

Great, thanks for the tip!

Board footera