You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26-4-2019 16:47:45  #1

FS: 50s Remington long carriage: FREE

I was given a ~late 50s Remington Office machine, with a long carriage.  It seems undamaged, but it has a fair bit of rust... the typebars won't move.  It was in a damp basement for years.  I thought I'd offer it here before Kijiji... I'm in the KW area, Ontario.  

28-4-2019 19:56:44  #2

Re: FS: 50s Remington long carriage: FREE

Could you post a photo by any chance? I'm assuming it's a Super-Riter? 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

29-4-2019 17:10:45  #3

I'm not set up to post pics as per the forum rules, however I can say that, yes, it is a Super-Riter #J333160

I took a closer look, and the right platen knob is cracked.  The spool parts are missing.  Otherwise it looks to be in decent shape, save the rust.

You're in Toronto, right?  I'm often out that way, if you'd like to arrange a drop-off.

30-4-2019 16:30:17  #4

Mucho appreciated! However, I've already got a few Super-Riters and very little spare room.  I have driven to Kitchener several times to pick up machines, but these days it would have to be something very exceptional for me to drive anywhere...  Good to know that you're out there rescuing what pops up.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera