You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13-6-2019 09:09:41  #21

Re: Groma Kolibri vs Olympia SM9 vs Olivetti Lettera 32

Last deal. A Olympia sm4 = 30 bucks

13-6-2019 12:28:44  #22

Here is the conclusion i ended up buying a Olympia SM4 Deluxe edition (green) in great condition for 30 bucks. Awesome machine.

17-6-2019 17:59:28  #23

Wow,wherever you are you seem to live in a typewriter collectors heaven, with those prices I would buy them all without hesitation. 

17-7-2019 13:10:50  #24

It seems shadowtypist is danish - as I am too - and the prices here are actually great. BUT getting the more sought after machines can be a little tricky since they have to have danish keys. The "competition" isn't overwhelming, but every time there is anything nice up for sale, the small but ressourceful world of danish collectors will fight to the death for them. But I'm sure it's even more difficult in Iceland? 

18-7-2019 10:02:30  #25

Oh boy, Iceland is not really big on the typewriter market... there are few machines and prices are high. In the positive side I have no other typewriter collector around, so I get most of the ones that I am interested (and affordables) and I leave the rest for the decoration market and rich people!  

Having such high shipping prices makes prohibitive to buy anything in the international market so I just have what I can buy locally, and a couple of typewriters that I brought from abroad on my luggage! So any exchange offer will be welcome!

Help me build a collection!

21-7-2019 06:36:14  #26

Uwe wrote:

No one has an interest in electric typewriters until they use one...

I've just experience this. I went from "no interest" to where has this Smith-Corona 5TE been hiding. I cannot stop using it.

21-7-2019 06:52:06  #27

SM9 over any of the others, easily.  I have four of them (to suit different languages) and they all stand out as the best machines in terms of performance and convenience that I have ever used.
  The SM9 is even now an underrated machine on forums such as this because it is nothing to look at, but it has been the premier machine for protracted, serious work by professional writers since it was introduced, assuming they don't want the size and weight of an Olympia standard such as the SG1.
  The 'plain Jane' appearance of the SM9 will, in fact, help you write! - no distractions.
  No one I know who ever bought an SM9 in good order ever regretted it.   Good luck.

Sincerely,
beak.

Board footera