You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25-7-2019 11:49:38  #1

SC Classic 12 - left spool not engaging

Hi everybody!

I just purchased this beauty (#6LTV - 22757A) as a companion to my SM3 and SG1. It needs a little of TLC but everything works except for the automatic reserve spool and it' not winding into the left spool. The ribbon goes nicely onto the right spool.

I took the botton plate to take a look around. In this picture, it's engaged to spool to the right and it fine.

when I manually reverse the direction and engaged on the left spool, it "slips" and doesn't rotate the axel

The axel where the left spool is connected isn't gummy or locked in anyway

Sorry for the potato quality of the pictures.

"The typewriter is the polaroid of words"

25-7-2019 22:12:34  #2

Re: SC Classic 12 - left spool not engaging

My Royal No. 10 did the exact same thing. In your last picture the horizontal drive (that connects with a gear to both spools).... has it come out of place/ isn’t aligned right anymore? That’s what my machine did. I took it out and popped it back in and never had a problem since. Mine had a set screw too which allowed for some small adjustment in how close the gears were (which if itncame loose could cause slipping.)

26-7-2019 06:47:34  #3

Hi and thanks for the response.

I definitely must take new, higher quality photos and perhaps a small movie. The thing is that when I reverse, nothing pops out of place, everythiing looks like it is where it belongs.

On another note, from reading back topics, just realized that the ribbon should have eyelets to engage the automatic reverse.

30-7-2019 10:18:10  #4

Hi there!

Just found this old topic:Ribbon reverse on S-C Classic 12 doesn't work. Have to try this

Board footera