You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29-10-2019 18:28:41  #1

Identifying a Commodore Portable

I recently purchased this Commodore portable typewriter, came with the leather case for $60. I’ve been looking for the specific model but I’ve been having no luck so far, so if someone knows what this model could be, please let me know!

29-10-2019 18:47:58  #2

Re: Identifying a Commodore Portable

Here are the photos! Sorry for the technical difficulties!

30-10-2019 12:13:19  #3

Commodore produced two models that used that Evermac case design. The budget model (yours) was called the Personal (photo below), and the other one was the Professional (far below). The serial number might narrow the date down, but it's a circa 1960 model. You can find the number on the underside of the machine near the left/rear foot and it should start with "ZP". 

Personal

Professional

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

30-10-2019 12:23:50  #4

Thanks for the response Uwe! The serial number is ZP-149532. Of the two photos you have, the one I have looks extremely similar to the professional, just without the stencil/red ink options.

30-10-2019 14:14:00  #5

You own the Personal model. The Personal I own (in the photo) is a slightly newer model. The Professional model had one more line spacing option (double space), two extra keys, a tabulator system, and a three-position ribbon selector. Based on your serial number, my estimate is that it was made in 1960.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

01-11-2019 16:07:36  #6

Thanks so much for the information! I really appreciate it. XD

Board footera