You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28-4-2020 17:06:34  #1

Another Freebie

I had this given to me today.  It works perfectly, its very clean, and came with an extra ribbon cartidge.  Kind of an ugly duckling, but it is growing on me.  It's a nice typer. 

28-4-2020 20:15:49  #2

Re: Another Freebie

Design (and colour) is something that should be evaluated in the context of its era. How well the design ages is another matter. Personally, I think it's a good looking machine, in particular the execution of the weight and touch controls. I'd never call it ugly, but then again I really like the boxy, third generation Hermes 3000/Media models.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

28-4-2020 22:30:57  #3

Hi RD

These side load cartridge machines can let you be a little creative with your letters, especially if you have a selection of the coloured film ribbon cartridges. When I'm typing to some of my cousin's children, I'll switch to a different colour for each paragraph. Start with black, then switch to blue, green, brown and red before going back to black. All the best,

Sky

We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.
In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.
I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.
Frederic S. Durbin. (Typewriter mania and the modern writer)

29-4-2020 03:56:32  #4

I am not sure what the situation is in the States, but here in England those SCM cartridges are very difficult to get.  I did hear that SCM stopped making them and that no third-party supplier ever tooled up to make copies.

29-4-2020 08:21:01  #5

I wound up with two Coronamatic 2500's and they work fine.  The ribbons are still available on Amazon here in the states, but according to the pictures, they may well be a NOS supply.  Don't know if they are still being made, but people are buying them.

Nothing valuable was ever lost by taking time.  A. Lincoln

29-4-2020 12:14:50  #6

I like it more than I thought I would.  It types very nicely, and presents crisply to paper.  I have a few cartridges, and they are are functional.   For some reason, it makes me want to dig out my Commodore 64. 

Board footera