You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09-6-2020 22:23:35  #1

Olivetti Lettera 22 Line spacing switches from single to double

I can't figure out how to adjust my Lettera 22. I am typing single space then all of a sudden it jumps to double space. I have moved the plate on the space adjuster thinking that would help but it still does it. Any ideas?

10-6-2020 09:59:16  #2

Re: Olivetti Lettera 22 Line spacing switches from single to double

Nick Striker wrote:

I can't figure out how to adjust my Lettera 22. I am typing single space then all of a sudden it jumps to double space. I have moved the plate on the space adjuster thinking that would help but it still does it. Any ideas?

Unclear. Your subject says "line space" and your post says "jumps to double space", which usually refers to character spacing, not line spacing. Yet single and double spacing usually refers to line spacing, not character spacing. I find it hard to imagine how the line spacing could change while you're typing (or do you mean "at each new line"?), yet easy to imagine that for character spacing. Also unclear what the "plate on the space adjuster" might be.

Please help.

10-6-2020 12:49:37  #3

Re: Olivetti Lettera 22 Line spacing switches from single to double

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, when typing on single space, after about 5 lines I return the carriage for the next line and all of a sudden it has gone from single space to double. 

Board footera