You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16-6-2020 23:13:50  #1

Need picture of ribbon in a noiseless machine

I acquired a 1947 Underwood Noiseless standard. It didn't have a ribbon and could use a nice closeup picture of how the ribbon goes through the vibrator if anyone happens to have one.

Best,
LG

17-6-2020 09:42:32  #2

Re: Need picture of ribbon in a noiseless machine

The ribbon goes over the outside (exterior) posts of the vibrator and then behind the inside posts. The typewriter was manufactured by Remington for Underwood. If that doesn't make sense I'll dig out my Remington Noiseless and take that photo you asked for.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

17-6-2020 10:47:52  #3

Thanks Uwe.

Is it just like any other Remington? I used to have a Remington quiet-riter. If it's the same, then perhaps muscle memory will return lol.

17-6-2020 11:47:05  #4

Yes, same ribbon path as a Quiet-Riter; if you've committed that to muscle memory, you must have changed a lot of ribbons in your time!

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

17-6-2020 13:07:36  #5

Not necessarily time but more like experimentation with different ribbons on that machine. It now belongs to a 6 year old boy who wanted a typewriter for lyrics he likes to write. I couldn't resist giving it to him. His parents can tell when he's up in the morning because they hear him typing. Always the first thing he does.

Board footera