You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29-4-2020 11:08:20  #1

Hermes Ambassador: Carriage doesn’t stop. Escapement?

Hi Folks, my Hermes Ambassador (ca. 1960-62) has a new drawband, but now the carriage doesn’t stop after one space, when I hit a key or the spacebar. Tabulator works, I think I maybe have to adjust the escapement or trip? Does anybody have a hint for me? If I type fast, I can write words, but there are always too many spaces between them. 

03-5-2020 11:10:58  #2

Re: Hermes Ambassador: Carriage doesn’t stop. Escapement?

I found the culprit. A little part of the escapement broke off during transport. I’ll try and repair it. 

15-7-2020 05:40:32  #3

Hi vranx, I wonder if you solved your escapement skipping problem. I purchased a Hermes Ambassador five weeks ago, and had a problem with skipping carriage. I found an adjustment which solved the problem.

'Paraiso' Gerry Mulligan with Jane Duboc 1993

15-7-2020 09:56:18  #4

Hi zoom, a little part of the escapement broke off, but I didn’t try to fix it yet. I guess I havee only one try. 
This is the broken part of the escapement
https://i.imgur.com/2kKewxw.jpg

16-7-2020 00:21:07  #5

Mmm, thank you vranx, that's most intriguing. It looks like a piece of the casting. Certainly does require some careful thought and research. The best of luck and information to you re the repair. If you have time, please let me know how it goes.
Stay safe.

'Paraiso' Gerry Mulligan with Jane Duboc 1993

Board footera