You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04-8-2020 11:02:22  #1

Erika 10 Universal Bar Adjustment

I have a question regarding the Erika 10. On mine, most (not ALL) of the keys don’t push the universal bar QUITE (like, a few micrometers) far enough to actuate the escapement, but only when the type-bar is moved onto the platen itself. When the Key-top is pressed all the way to the bottom, the escapement will actuate. This leads to double-prints since I dont type like Shrek.

Is there a way to adjust this bar and if yes how?  Any help would be appreciated.

Learned watchmaker and office machine enthusiast from Germany.

04-8-2020 13:26:53  #2

Re: Erika 10 Universal Bar Adjustment

I had exactly the same problem. I could not find an adjustment for it, so I fixed the problem by putting a piece of rubber tube on the one of the escapement levers. See the picture below.

04-8-2020 14:09:38  #3

Re: Erika 10 Universal Bar Adjustment

Laurenz van Gaalen wrote:

I had exactly the same problem. I could not find an adjustment for it, so I fixed the problem by putting a piece of rubber tube on the one of the escapement levers. See the picture below.

That worked like a charm indeed, thank you very much! Until some more permanent solution comes along this will work just fine for me. However I don’t see why this fix can’t last a very long time.

Learned watchmaker and office machine enthusiast from Germany.

Board footera