You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06-8-2020 15:50:16  #201

Re: SG Owners Club

AKB Longs in the Netherlands still recovers platens.
I have good experiences with them.

07-8-2020 07:44:07  #202

Laurenz van Gaalen wrote:

AKB Longs in the Netherlands still recovers platens.
I have good experiences with them.

Can you give me any idea what its gonna cost me to send one there from Germany and have it re-done?

Learned watchmaker and office machine enthusiast from Germany.

07-8-2020 15:22:22  #203

I pay around 26 euro for a SM9 platen, 40 euro for a SG3 wide carriage platen (33cm).
Excluding VAT and shipping (I live nearby, so I bring and pick up the platens).

You can contact them via the page below, use the email address with the word 'rollen' in it.
https://www.akblongs.nl/contents/nl/d1040_Contact.html

07-8-2020 16:00:54  #204

Laurenz van Gaalen wrote:

I pay around 26 euro for a SM9 platen, 40 euro for a SG3 wide carriage platen (33cm).
Excluding VAT and shipping (I live nearby, so I bring and pick up the platens).

You can contact them via the page below, use the email address with the word 'rollen' in it.
https://www.akblongs.nl/contents/nl/d1040_Contact.html

Thanks man. I suppose it is no problem if I contact them in English? Would you mind posting a picture here of one of the platens you had done by them, just so I can get an idea of their work?

Learned watchmaker and office machine enthusiast from Germany.

07-8-2020 16:10:03  #205

Eglish is no problem.

I have posted an image on the forum: https://typewriter.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=3054
If you need more images or info, please let me know.

07-8-2020 16:14:43  #206

Eglish might be a problem. I am sure English is not.

21-8-2020 13:15:07  #207

Hi - I just purchased a good condition SG1. It typed well for about a week, but has since stopped feeding paper.

Upon closer examination, the long feed roller underneath (and in back of) the platen has cracked and split and is no longer rotating. The two short feed rollers in front of the platen are also cracked but have not broken completely.

How difficult would it be to fix the feed rollers? Are parts available for sale? 
Is this something that a lay-person would be able to fix?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Binh

ps. I am in the USA (Georgia) if that helps.

21-8-2020 15:08:21  #208

Others will no doubt also advise, but it is relatively straightforward to remove the feed rolls.  New spare parts are no longer available, but there is a firm in the USA called J.J. Short who can re-rubber platens, and will no doubt be able to re-rubber feed rolls too.

21-8-2020 16:44:20  #209

Welcome to the forum, Binh. Please post all repair and maintenance questions in this sub-forum, thanks.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

20-12-2020 17:58:35  #210

Upon owning a couple of Olympia SM9 typewriters, I became fascinated with the SG3. I acquired this example last month, purchased from the daughter of the original owner who was a doctor. This SG3 was used in the office of his medical practice.

Board footera