You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13-6-2020 15:15:12  #1

Triumph case crackle effect

Hello all,

Does anyone know if the crackle effect on the case (see pictures below) is intentional?
Case and typewriter are from 1956 and are both in good condition.

Thanks,
Lau

13-6-2020 15:55:17  #2

Re: Triumph case crackle effect

Yes, it's intentional. All of the Triumphs I have from that era have it, both the Perfekt and the Norm - and there are travel cases I've seen from other manufacturers with a similar effect. Of course many machines had crinkle paint finishes too.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

13-6-2020 16:02:57  #3

Thanks Uwe

10-8-2020 16:05:42  #4

What is the best way to clean one of these cases?

Time is something you can never get back, use it wisely.

10-8-2020 16:11:51  #5

I use TurtleWax for that.

10-8-2020 17:22:14  #6

Laurenz van Gaalen wrote:

I use TurtleWax for that.

I'm wondering about the little crevices though.

Time is something you can never get back, use it wisely.

10-8-2020 18:17:21  #7

curly wrote:

What is the best way to clean one of these cases?

That case isn't very dirty; I would just use warm water and soap. If you must use something fancier, I find that a bathroom cleaning product called locally Scrubbing Bubbles™ works well. I don't know how a wax would clean something instead of sealing in the dirt and you are right to be concerned about getting it out of the cracks. Good luck.

11-8-2020 15:34:48  #8

M. Höhne wrote:

I don't know how a wax would clean something instead of sealing in the dirt and you are right to be concerned about getting it out of the cracks.

Sorry, I wasn't very specific. I use Turtle Wax Original, which is a combined cleaning and waxing agent. It removes dirt and does not seal it. It is pretty fluid, and does not stick in the crevices. It does stick in deeper things, like the juncture between two parts of metal for example. This is easily fixed with a teeth brush. I am very satisfied with how this stuff works, I prefer it over water with soap for most body parts, both painted and chrome.

16-8-2020 15:10:48  #9

You could use a brand new shoe shinning brush...the type with very fine/soft bristles.  Brand new would not have any old shoe polish or dye in the bristles.

Board footera