You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25-8-2020 12:02:18  #1

Olympia SG1 Platen Removal Information

Hi Everyone -

I am a proud owner of a new to me Olympia SG1. It typed beautifully for about 1 week and then the feed rollers fell apart.
Skywatcher has PM'd me that I can possibly use small engine fuel hoses to replace the deteriorated feed rollers.

I have searched for information on how to remove the platen to access the feed rollers, but I was not able to find anything.

Once I am able to remove the platen, will the feed rollers be easy to replace? If they are totally gone, is there a "default" size for the rollers?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Binh
(USA - Georgia)

30-8-2020 03:37:04  #2

Re: Olympia SG1 Platen Removal Information

You can find some information on that here: https://typewriter.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=25428#p25428 The thread also contains some pictures from when I removed covers from the SG1 carriage.

It's really as easy as unscrewing the platen knobs with your hands. Hold one knob with your hand and turn the other one with your other hand, applying some force if needed. Just don't ask me in which direction to turn, I have forgotten it since I last did that.

31-8-2020 07:23:20  #3

Re: Olympia SG1 Platen Removal Information

Hi Sirius -

Thank you for your response.
You turn it counter clockwise like a standard screw.
One side (left side) came right off. For the right side, I had to use padded pliers on the platen...It was very snug.

Binh

Board footera