You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25-9-2020 14:26:50  #1

Hello, new board member here !

Hello to all !

Dan here, from Chile, South America. Just joined the typewriter movement this year during the Covid-19 pandemic. Not sure if this is the correct thread for new board members, just wanted to say hello !

I was able to acquire 3 typewriters: 

1.- An Olivetti Lettera 32. Solid metal casing, works fine.

2.- A Smith Corona Skyriter. Light brown, has 'Smith Corona' on the front, in white, underlined. Has a few issues, the worst being the ribbon spools. Spools don't move and the ribbon changing mechanism does not work. Will ask questions in the appropiate thread.

3.- An Adler Tippa, probably late 60s, early 70s. White / Light gray, very portable. Plastic casing, I'm afraid it might break anytime, but overall in great shape. 

Will post pictures soon !

25-9-2020 20:21:18  #2

Re: Hello, new board member here !

Welcome Dan, congratulations on your 3 machines. Lock down is a perfect opportunity to work on and use typewriters. I'm sure there are people here who can assist with advice on your Skywriter.

'Paraiso' Gerry Mulligan with Jane Duboc 1993

25-9-2020 20:42:48  #3

Thank you for your reply and congratulations!

I'll try to find people here who can help me. 

It seems I have caught the typewriter collecting bug, because after getting those I'm thinking of getting a Hermes Baby and another Skyriter

15-11-2020 12:48:46  #4

Did you ever get your Skyriter sorted out and working?
I'm about to tear into one for an overhaul, and clean up another. Both are working, more or less, but if you need, I can give you hand with your ribbon drive.

Phil Forrest

16-11-2020 16:14:36  #5

Hello Phil !

Thank you for replying to my message !

It would be great to get any advice on how to fix the Skyriter ! I'll try to check the status of the typewriter again and then post pictures.

Thanks !! 

Board footera