You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15-1-2021 00:25:49  #11

Re: Royal "O" model - how is the carriage held on to the main body?

Hi Again

After asking an eBay seller of my acquaintance who sells typewriter parts if he had either the balls or star washers, he said not at this time. Whether Royal used the same rail balls all through their production history, I don't know, but I've found the part numbers for what Royal called the Bottom Rail Ball and Bottom Rail Pinion on the Sabre and Safari series of portable typewriters according to the 1969 parts catalog.

Ball is part # PT787 and pinion is part # PT757 and it looks like the carriage stop screw might be part # 3300-03220 with a #3-56 thread. Whether these part numbers are of any help to anyone, I have no idea, but I thought I'd put them out here anyway. All the best,

Sky

We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.
In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.
I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.
Frederic S. Durbin. (Typewriter mania and the modern writer)

16-1-2021 21:41:48  #12

Re: Royal "O" model - how is the carriage held on to the main body?

Sky,
Thanks for taking the time to get the part numbers.
I presume the "pinion" part is the one that looks like a star washer.
Kind of a shame I didn't find them - the typewriter itself is in very good condition.
Cheers!

Board footera