You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13-8-2014 20:43:55  #1

Corona 3 Mainspring Problem

Well I'm fixing up a Corona 3 and the  drawstring was broken. I just thought I had to replace it and thats it. Well I came to conclutions that the drawstring was broke and so was the mainspring. I cant give it enoug tension before the spring gives way. I have the original drum and and stuff. How do I get a replacment mianspring? Or can i just buy a drum and mianspring somehwere that fits this typewriter?

14-8-2014 14:52:56  #2

Re: Corona 3 Mainspring Problem

Have you examined the mainspring yet? They can break anywhere along their length, but if you're lucky it may have either broken at an end, or just come unhooked from the drum; either way, it's possible to repair it. Mainsprings that break in the middle are obviously more of a problem.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

14-8-2014 18:36:57  #3

Uwe wrote:

Have you examined the mainspring yet? They can break anywhere along their length, but if you're lucky it may have either broken at an end, or just come unhooked from the drum; either way, it's possible to repair it. Mainsprings that break in the middle are obviously more of a problem.

Yes it's completly broke it came out when I opend it up tooo. What can I do to replace it?

15-8-2014 09:56:30  #4

Where did it break? Middle, or at an end? If it's near an end you should be able to repair it. I've repaired a few mainsprings using various methods.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

15-8-2014 10:23:13  #5

Uwe wrote:

Where did it break? Middle, or at an end? If it's near an end you should be able to repair it. I've repaired a few mainsprings using various methods.

I noticed that when it popped out of the drum, It was broken into numberous pieces so I threw some of it out. I have one piece of it left. Some of the pirces were small.

Last edited by guitarmasta12 (15-8-2014 10:27:53)

Board footera