You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25-12-2020 20:03:16  #11

Re: The Swedish Gallery

Guth, your TP1 is a very lovely machine.  Great photos you posted up.

I, too, have a TP1 on my want-list.  I think only one body color was available but the color of keys came in green, also...which is the variety I have my eye open for.

27-12-2020 02:35:36  #12

Pete E. wrote:

Guth, your TP1 is a very lovely machine.  Great photos you posted up.

I, too, have a TP1 on my want-list.  I think only one body color was available but the color of keys came in green, also...which is the variety I have my eye open for.

Thank you, I've grown quite fond of this TP1 as I love the way it types. The one that I mentioned that was available to me locally had the green keys that you speak of. Personally, I prefer the look of the machines with the charcoal colored keys as those keys match the background color of the FACIT logo badge that appears on the front of the machine just above the keys (but then I'm peculiarly particular in that sort of way).

17-1-2021 08:25:27  #13

What I did not know is that the TP1 and TP1 were offered without Tab features. 

Factory plastic plugs placed in the 2 holes along the lower sides where the Tab control levers are normally seen.  And of course, no Tab key-top.

09-2-2021 15:17:19  #14

Hi uth,

So I took your lead on the color of the type-key tops and have this machine coming my way. 

Should be in my home by the week's end or Monday at the latest.

I think mine dates from 1963 or 1964.  Believe that is when the paper tray changed from clean plastic to painted metal.

Figured since my TP2 has cursive-script, I needed a TP1 with non-cursive...

11-2-2021 14:53:09  #15

Back view...with the little Sweden badge :.

14-2-2021 08:40:26  #16

Ready for another 50 years of use...

07-4-2021 14:48:49  #17

New-to-me Facit T2 (standard) at home and all cleaned up.  Dates from around 1969-1970.

It has a 15" wide platen and 12 cpi Elite type.  Very fast, so smooth, and a joy on which to type.  Really a sweet sounding end-of-line bell, too.  Platen is soft and allows me to make indents into the rubber with my thumb nail.

Carriage lifts off/on for easy cleaning and access to the mechanicals. 

Two small, narrow removable metal covers on the underside of the carriage which makes replacing the draw-band so easy.  You can just "fish" it through the carriage with your fingers and then replace the covers.

16-4-2021 21:36:53  #18

Finally got around to cleaning and refurbishing the case for my new-to-me 1964 Facit TP1 typewriter.

The white-colored top and bottom panels of the case had stains that would not clean off...so I gave those surfaces a light repaint with a satin-finished spray paint very close to the original white color.

Case even came to me with its key.

Typewriter works flawlessly and so smoothly.

25-5-2021 20:14:31  #19

New-to-me 1969 Facit 1620 joined my collection this past week.

I was expecting a bit "less" performance...and it might just be this unique machine with its 1-owner and good servicing...but this 1620 actually "out types" my TP1 and TP2.  And those are really darn-good machines to begin with.

Plus it has a nice 10 cpi "Cubic" font...which I love.

So now...my search for a Facit - ADDO begins...

11-7-2021 12:09:21  #20

1973-made Facit Model 1840.  I added some ivory-color to the ribbon cover to tone down the all-orange look.

It also came in a black colored machine with cream-colored key-tops.  Only these 2 color choices. 

There was also a Model 1845.  Same machine, differing plastic body coverings design and color scheme.

Serviced and repaired as needed by me.  Back-space function is still needing a repair once I gather some parts from another parts machine.

Board footera