You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21-8-2014 20:14:32  #1

1928 Remington Portable 2

Original, very unusual color. Still has the original wooden carrying case, but it needs to be re-upholstered in brown leather (looks like it was through a fire at some point!) Fully seviced by a professional technician. This little typer is a pleasure to use.

22-8-2014 13:10:37  #2

Re: 1928 Remington Portable 2

Wow! Is this a rare color 2?

22-8-2014 13:26:42  #3

Looks like a later model Portable #2. As for the colour, the #2 was available in many colours such a red, green, blue, purple, and ivory, like the machine in this topic.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

22-8-2014 15:46:15  #4

Uwe wrote:

Looks like a later model Portable #2. As for the colour, the #2 was available in many colours such a red, green, blue, purple, and ivory, like the machine in this topic.

Oh nice I don't really now to much about the 2's....or Rems at all. still new to the brand. I know alot about Royals and Underwoods etc. I was gonna buy a Rem Portable model 5 de luxe model.

22-8-2014 17:48:39  #5

Uwe wrote:

It is indeed. According to its serial number this one was made in 1928. And the period ads for the Duco painted Remington Portable 2 showed the ivory-painted machines as two-tone jobs, with the top panel and paper table painted in green, red, or black. See http://oztypewriter.blogspot.mx/2012/10/on-this-day-in-typewriter-history-barrs.html and http://site.xavier.edu/polt/typewriters/rem-portables.htm

This  machine's original color is solid ivory (no duo-tone), and its carrying case is covered in brown leather, instead of the more usual black leatherette / cloth.

23-8-2014 12:55:38  #6

Given its keyboard I assume it was an export model, which consequently might be a possible explanation for it not having a two-tone paint job. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera