You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13-5-2021 08:52:09  #11

Re: Features You Can Not Do Without

This Olympia Traveller Deluxe had caught my eye...but then I realized it did not have a bi-color ribbon feature.

Sort of a deal-killer for me.

I was surprised that a "Deluxe" would be 'sans' that feature...

13-5-2021 09:54:11  #12

Hi Pete, the Deluxe does have a bi-color ribbon feature. I suppose the machine on the picture is a regular Traveller with the ribbon cover of a Deluxe.

Lau

13-5-2021 13:19:38  #13

Hi Lau,

Thanks for your inputs. 

I did find another (green accents, more on the machine) on the TWDB site also without a ribbon selection feature.  Its ribbon cover says "Deluxe" too...and its color does match more green on the machine.

Here is the link to this other machine... https://typewriterdatabase.com/197x-olympia-traveller-de-luxe.9643.typewriter

13-5-2021 13:46:38  #14

Hi Pete, both are regular Travellers.

The Deluxe has a tiny lever on the right side of the carriage, between de margin scale and the plastic carriage end. The lever releases the paper support. The paper support has a rectangular hole at the end to keep it in place when folded down.

The regular Traveller don't have the lever, the paper support must be raised by hand. The paper support has a bend part at the end (as shown in the picture in your first post). 

The differences between the regular and the Deluxe are the above mentioned paper support, the ribbon color selector and a touch adjuster. Typing experience is slightly different between the two models: the Deluxe has a more solid touch and sound. The regular model can suffer from ink smear, because of the different ribbon drive.

Lau

13-5-2021 18:03:30  #15

Thanks again, Lau, for making me smarter on these.

The machine in 1st. post struck my fancy in term of looks and color balance. 

But it sounds like it best to wait for a Deluxe and then I can repaint portions...

Board footera